Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that guy even wearing anything?!! :shocked:
I just got in as they were signing off. :bawling: Must have been a phenomenal show.:bawling2:
Too bad you didn't have your speakers for it. :sniffle:
Yeah, I know. But they're not the only ones. I have a major issue with MS and I went on their "community" and looked around etc. They said yeah, they know there's a problem and no, they haven't fixed it.
Thanks, guys. That's what I pay you for. :bat:
Really, it's enough to make people just accept SNAFU and FUBAR and just give up.
Except, not us because we're aspy.
Taylor wouldn't give up. :headshake: but it feels like :frustrated:
and entities I don't WANT to contact me never miss a beat. Even though I've declined their services more times than I can count and told them point blank not to contact me.
Ain't life grand?:sigh:
The sound quality on the youtube stream was too poor for me to bother with the speaker setup.

I tweaked my back yesterday doing dumbbell deadlifts. 15 lbs in each hand. I'm getting old and out of shape.

The speakers are 14 lbs each.

Many of the same motions to unpack the speakers and move them to their new locations were the same motions that hurt like a mutha thanks to yesterday's injury.

These very expensive speakers would not install correctly over several attempts over several hours. I finally found the solution buried in Sonos support forums. It was so dumb and so simple. Logout of the app. Log back in. Then repeat the install. The app version of turning it off and turning it back on.

I only figured this out during Betty's post-medicine nap time. So I got the new speakers added as surrounds and it will be a couple more hours yet before I get to put them through their paces. First with a ball game. Then we'll rent something Atmos-y to see if they are worth the upgrade.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
The sound quality on the youtube stream was too poor for me to bother with the speaker setup.

I tweaked my back yesterday doing dumbbell deadlifts. 15 lbs in each hand. I'm getting old and out of shape.

Many of the same motions to unpack the speakers and move them to their new locations were the same motions that hurt like a mutha thanks to yesterday's injury.

These very expensive speakers would not install correctly over several attempts over several hours. I finally found the solution buried in Sonos support forums. It was so dumb and so simple. Logout of the app. Log back in. Then repeat the install. The app version of turning it off and turning it back on.

I only figured this out during Betty's post-medicine nap time. So I got the new speakers added as surrounds and it will be a couple more hours yet before I get to put them through their paces. First with a ball game. Then we'll rent something Atmos-y to see if they are worth the upgrade.
I wonder if this means you’ve watched the TV series The It Crowd. 🤣

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if this means you’ve watched the TV series The It Crowd. 🤣
I have not. I don’t watch many TV series. Baseball eats half my streaming year. The other half I catch up on streaming I missed during baseball season. Usually Disney+ series. Or rewatching a Star Trek series or five.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better, or at least, not worse.
So they're regulation large speakers, yes? Hope they give lots of enjoyment!
Yeah, powercycling/rebooting often fixes frustrating problems. I have a note on my monitor about that.
Maybe you can rent a cat video, and Betty can let you know what she thinks of the quality of the birdcalls through the new speakers.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Hope you're feeling better, or at least, not worse.
So they're regulation large speakers, yes? Hope they give lots of enjoyment!
Yeah, powercycling/rebooting often fixes frustrating problems. I have a note on my monitor about that.
Maybe you can rent a cat video, and Betty can let you know what she thinks of the quality of the birdcalls through the new speakers.
The speakers are fairly compact. A bit bigger than a pair of 15 lbs dumbbells. But not by much. Between a bread box and a bread maker in size.

I also did weighted lunges the other (fateful) day. Between the deadlifts and the lunges, my back doesn't want to bend and my legs don't want to take up the slack. They are having to anyway. Because it's been easier to squat than to bend over. I guess that was the whole point to begin with. 🤦‍♂️

I didn't really get to put the speakers to the test last night. By the time the game was functionally over (I didn't watch the last two innings to see how 9-2 became 10-4), I was too sleepy to rent anything or start anything. But it already seems like these speakers have more punch than the ones they replaced. They better. They were twice the price!

I had factory reset the speakers and put them through setup several times each. It would not have dawned on me to logout and log back into the app. Thank Google for that winning tip.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The speakers are fairly compact. A bit bigger than a pair of 15 lbs dumbbells. But not by much. Between a bread box and a bread maker in size.

I also did weighted lunges the other (fateful) day. Between the deadlifts and the lunges, my back doesn't want to bend and my legs don't want to take up the slack. They are having to anyway. Because it's been easier to squat than to bend over. I guess that was the whole point to begin with. 🤦‍♂️

I didn't really get to put the speakers to the test last night. By the time the game was functionally over (I didn't watch the last two innings to see how 9-2 became 10-4), I was too sleepy to rent anything or start anything. But it already seems like these speakers have more punch than the ones they replaced. They better. They were twice the price!

I had factory reset the speakers and put them through setup several times each. It would not have dawned on me to logout and log back into the app. Thank Google for that winning tip.
Glad the speakers are approved. Enjoy!
Yeah, if you haven't been working out regularly, it's good to start gradually and then do it regularly. For me, that's 4-5x a week. It's also important to get the heart rate up which most experts suggest we do by running in place for a few minutes. That works for me. And I'm sure you know about breathing-inhale deeply before lifting. Yes, every time. You can look up some back stretches that may help your sore back. "Cat and camel" is a really good one. If you get into the regular routine, not only will you feel better all the way around, you'll also get the benefit of endorphins. Even if/when you don't feel like it/are tired/are busy/are whatever, making time for it ends up paying huge dividends.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot!

Betty regurgitated her lunch. Picked it up and plopped it about two feet away. No hair. I was in the shower when it happened. Maybe just ate it too quickly? Or maybe there’s a hairball shrinking her stomach at the moment…..

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl. She didn't return to her plate before dinner. She had a couple of spits just before dinner. Then she ate her post-medicine treats and I thought maybe she would be okay. But nope. Those came back up. So she's in extra innings with her sour stomach. She had another couple spits after that too. I tried to suck up a couple of drops of hemp oil into a syringe with water. But you know how well oil and water mixes. Still. If nothing else, she got some water. I also changed out her water just in case that was getting too slimy to drink from. I'm hoping she kept enough meds in her before she spit up the treats and that she may finally settle into a few bites of dinner before I can finally start into mine.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. She’s eating. Let’s hope this stays down. I wonder if she has an impending hairball that’s not picking a direction. I wish she would take hairball gel. She’d rather gunk up the bed than lick that off her paw. 🤦🏼‍♂️
IMG_0075.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She pooped three times yesterday. I think the hairball did pick a direction. There was no further drama after the post-meds treat spits.