My little Pumpkin died today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe so,no doubt Pumpkin wants you to know he's very well,like a happy ,healthy little kitten again

I'm so glad you got to cuddle with the little puppy- puppy's are just adorable ,if only they didn't need to go for walks and such I'd certainly have some doggies but it's just not feasible living in a Condo and having health issues ( you were probably thinking the same thing with that puppy in your arms,lol)

Ever hear from the shelter?
The shelter tried calling today but I was out of the house and didn't bring my phone with me. I hope to speak with them tomorrow. I'll keep you posted! :)

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It will ease in general reasonably soon...but probably not in terms of "days." More like weeks. Possibly months. And certain things will trigger you for quite some time. I lost my girl in February of this year, and there are still so many triggers. I'll be fine for a few days, then...I'll eat taquitos, think, "I must save a few licks of sour cream for Hek," and fall apart for a little bit when I remember that I, in fact, do NOT need to save her licks for her. But...a bit better each week. A bit. It takes just as much time as it takes, not one moment less. Be patient with yourself, you so deserve your own consideration during this first while.
I will try to do that but it's not easy. The friends I have in my apartment building are very supportive except for the one I mentioned earlier in this thread who turned on me shortly after Pumpkin died.

Yesterday I had to take trash out and after I opened my door, she opened hers then closed it, making it obvious she didn't want to see me. After I passed her door while heading to the garbage room, she left her apartment and was walking right behind me. I reached the recycle bins first and while I was sorting out what I had to toss, she reached past my wheelchair and threw a bottle away as hard as she possibly could, making it obvious that she was quite angry with me. Then she stomped off.

To this day I have no clue what made her so angry at me. She knows how much I'm hurting because of Pumpkins death and she must realize how much her behaviour hurts me. This is so cruel.

It's things like this that will make my healing take much longer. There are some very good people here and some really rotten ones. I didn't know how bad she was until after my baby was gone.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I will try to do that but it's not easy. The friends I have in my apartment building are very supportive except for the one I mentioned earlier in this thread who turned on me shortly after Pumpkin died.

Yesterday I had to take trash out and after I opened my door, she opened hers then closed it, making it obvious she didn't want to see me. After I passed her door while heading to the garbage room, she left her apartment and was walking right behind me. I reached the recycle bins first and while I was sorting out what I had to toss, she reached past my wheelchair and threw a bottle away as hard as she possibly could, making it obvious that she was quite angry with me. Then she stomped off.

To this day I have no clue what made her so angry at me. She knows how much I'm hurting because of Pumpkins death and she must realize how much her behaviour hurts me. This is so cruel.

It's things like this that will make my healing take much longer. There are some very good people here and some really rotten ones. I didn't know how bad she was until after my baby was gone.
It is cruel and heartless- she has shown her true colors,very ugly
I'm sorry this happened when it did,the timing is awful but it is best to find out who someone really is ..... :alright:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope that in Heaven, the Lord will let me see Pumpkin as a kitten. I didn't meet him until he was about 3-4. He was an adorable little loveable ball of fur. Today I met the new puppy that belongs to someone on staff here. He was so loving and started to snuggle in my arms just like Pumpkin used to. You'd have to see him.

I keep replaying "that day" too and I need to stop. Seeing that cute little puppy helped and I hope to see him again soon.
<hugs>
It's my personal feeling that people, and pets, are recognizable no matter what there. I've had so many dreams of pets, relatives, and friends who have passed on and in many of them, they were much younger than they were when I knew them. But somehow, I just "KNEW" it was them. If you've ever had a dream where you're with someone, and you know without a shadow of doubt who you were with them but never actually saw them, you'll understand. It's like a sixth sense.
It's also my personal feeling that for everything we hope for and imagine there, there are 100+ more things we didn't even dare to hope or dream for. I say, dream big. Pumpkin will be there.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm tryng to cut myself some slack but it's not easy. I learned to be hyper critical of myself, probably because I was picked on endlessly at home while growing up.

Old habit are hard to break.
Do you find it helpful to (mentally) put someone you care about in your exact situation, and then think about what you would say to them, knowing exactly how they're feeling and what they're thinking? This has helped me a lot. I wouldn't even consider being nearly as critical of someone else, as I am for myself.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I had something similar happen. I won't go into details, but I decided that it was a "they" problem and not my problem. I can't with people who play mind games, get PO'ed at me for something, and then give me the silent treatment until I figure out why, and come up with an apology.
Immerse yourself in the good people and forget the rotten ones to the best of your ability. I'm sorry you're dealing with people like that. But, remember, they're not worth your time or energy. :hugs:

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is cruel and heartless- she has shown her true colors,very ugly
I'm sorry this happened when it did,the timing is awful but it is best to find out who someone really is ..... :alright:
Thank you! I am sorry too but it's for the best because now that she's shown her true colors, I can act accordingly (I.e. stay far from her).

dianajune

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's my personal feeling that people, and pets, are recognizable no matter what there. I've had so many dreams of pets, relatives, and friends who have passed on and in many of them, they were much younger than they were when I knew them. But somehow, I just "KNEW" it was them. If you've ever had a dream where you're with someone, and you know without a shadow of doubt who you were with them but never actually saw them, you'll understand. It's like a sixth sense.
It's also my personal feeling that for everything we hope for and imagine there, there are 100+ more things we didn't even dare to hope or dream for. I say, dream big. Pumpkin will be there.
Thank you! <hugs>