All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2024

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am starting a book about Shirley Jackson. I picked it up in the dollar store years ago. It is a compilation that even includes some of her grocery lists. I don't think I've read a book like that before. I am running low on reading materials lately.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read Salman Rushdie's Knife, which is about his stabbing a couple of years ago. Somebody used the fatwa to attack and stab him just before he was going to make a speech. It was an insightful book. He certainly has the English language and American culture down pat. I might try The Satanic Verses, which caused the fatwa, but I dunno. How to Win Friends and Influence Fungi is up next.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read Salman Rushdie's Knife, which is about his stabbing a couple of years ago. Somebody used the fatwa to attack and stab him just before he was going to make a speech. It was an insightful book. He certainly has the English language and American culture down pat. I might try The Satanic Verses, which caused the fatwa, but I dunno. How to Win Friends and Influence Fungi is up next.
I heard him interviewed on Fresh Air the other day.