Christmas vacation care??

lokilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm going away for a few days around Christmas. It ends up being 6 days in total and I'm not sure what to do about my cats. Both were being fed purely wet food 3 times/day and I realized this isn't going to work for a pet sitter. Now I'm transitioning them back to dry so that the person can just feed them once per day. I think it's too late to board them. Do you guys think this ok? I know I've done it before...but now I've become hypervigilant about my cats' health and it's really worrying me. I think my coworker's 12 year old son will be taking care of them. I'm scared they won't eat and I'll be really really far away.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If you start slowly transitioning them to dry now they shouldn't refuse to eat it while you're away. Your petsitter could give them wet while he's there, and leave dry out for their other meals.

Jamie gets 1/2 wet (my preference) and 1/2 dry (his), but when we're away he usually manages within a day or two to get my mother-in-law to feed him dry only.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ah good plan! I'll make sure to stock up on those smaller cans so he doesn't have to worry about refridgerating anything. TY!