Tina Turner Died

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tina Turner has died. She found the strength to leave an abusive relationship with Ike and start from nothing and become a global solo superstar. She started gaining the strength to do that when she learned a simple Buddhist chant. She went on to fully embrace Buddhism though she never gave up her believe in the Judeo/Chistian God, she believed the two could coexist peacefully. Leonard Cohen did the same thing. He spent five years in a Buddhist monastery but was a believing Jew.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was only 2 or 3 years ago I really read about her abusive relationship, and how horribly bad it was. She was a brave woman and overcame so much. Rest in Peace and Rest in Power. :angel:🕊 ❤

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ She was quite a Lady. I know she had a mild stroke a while back. " The greatest legs in music!" 💕🎶
Seems recently that too many are leaving ... :sigh:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She was an icon when I was in college and I loved her music. We tried to get tickets for the Tina musical earlier this year but it was sold out. She was a true Queen of Rock & Roll. :heartshape:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was sad to hear this. I didn't know how ill she'd been in recent years. Cher was on Ari Melber last night talking about her; apparently they were very good friends for decades.

Her first album was the background music of my first year living on my own completely. Listened (and sang!) to it daily.

I had the luck to see her perform in Madison Square Garden many years ago (dating myself here). She opened for the Rolling Stones. I mainly went to see her, not them. She was electrifying to watch live. What a performer. What an amazing life she had. Always admired her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her health was poor the last few years of life. She had a stroke which she came back from, an intestinal cancer diagnosis and a kidney transplant. The stroke and kidney failure were the result of high blood pressure. She was still on fire when she did her final tour. She was in her late sixties and the shows were still high energy extravaganzas. Like many of us she had put on a little weight but she still looked really good.