Waddles

lokilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have an odd question. Isis (3y/o, F calico) waddles. She is no longer really overweight and the vet said she only had about 1lb more to lose to be at an ideal weight. If you watch her walk from behind though...she waddles. It kinda looks like she's got something up her bum...like if you where walking around trying to hold a coin between your butt cheeks. This isn't something new and she has walked like this as long as I've known her. Just looks funny/awkward. Any insight? Other than this she is a very graceful cat, jumping and landing with barely a sound. I wish Loki could learn to jump down from things a bit more gracefully

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Cats aren't supposed to take half of the contents on a shelf down with them?  Mine are just as bad.

Is it possible she was possibly injured at one time in her life? We adopted Carly at the age of three and knew she had been injured because her tail wasn't functioning (it just hung there).  X-rays showed she had a broken back leg that had healed on its own.  She waddles and it is really apparent when she is coming up the stairs.  She also looks like a Buddha though she isn't overweight.