What Are Your Cats Doing Right Now?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy's curled up next to me and gradually expanding so she occupies about half of the bed. Phoebe's asleep and snoring on her cushion under the bed. She won't come up until I turn the lights off and try to sleep, then she'll land on my hip. 🙄

IMG_2180.jpeg

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GenCat GenCat Yup, that sounds about right. Wash them, insist they WILL be washed, hold them down if necessary, and when they finally lose patience with you and leave, you'll have the whole chair to yourself! I've seen this in action a lot...

catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback Ah, the magical sofa/bed-stealing stretching out trick! The moment when the hoomin realises they've only got about three inches of sofa/bed left is always incredibly satisfying!

Ozzie and Cleo are camped out waiting for it to be teatime (they're pushing their luck... their teatime isn't for over an hour!). They're passing the time by washing themselves. Ozzie gave Cleo a few licks and is now washing himself in true noisy, slurpy Oz fashion. Cleo is washing herself and purring nonstop. She has a really loud purr that you can sometimes hear in adjacent rooms. She purrs when she washes, when she's petted, when she eats, when she's settling down to sleep, when she sees you, and sometimes for no apparent reason. It's adorable and I think she knows it!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Fell asleep quite early after a long day at the hospital- I wanted ALL pre- ops done today including the meeting with the counselor

Woke up just now to no cats in my room- Timmy on the ottomon,Max on the patio,Bella & Sami ontop cat Condo and Graycie in a Condo cubby- now they're all looking to eat because Mom is up

They need to look at their watches - breakfast is about 6hrs away,guess I'll give everyone a stew or broth snack.... can't resist these faces gathered around me

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not now but apparently earlier today, the cats were desperate for attention from my husband. Neither cats is normally that fond of him or at least not when I am around. Here's an excerpt from an email from him.

Both cats were all over me this morning. Gracie was whining and kept coming into my room. Most unusual. When I got upstairs Boone was waiting for me and wanted to be petted the whole time. That never happens.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, the magical sofa/bed-stealing stretching out trick! The moment when the hoomin realises they've only got about three inches of sofa/bed left is always incredibly satisfying!
My late Katie - a petite tabby - used to take up the whole bed by sleeping across it and stretching out, shoving her back feet into my back so the only way I could move was by rolling out of bed! :lol:

Right now we have day shift ...

IMG_2191.jpeg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both are probably cursing my name and have been since about 3:15am. I let Gracie upstairs while I got ready for work and unfortunately had to put her back downstairs because I was leaving. I know for sure Gracie wanted to stay upstairs and I honestly think Boone wanted her upstairs too.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting in the front room telling Graycie " up,up" and she is such an eager to please girl,jumping from shelf to shelf on the new ' cat wall "
Sami followed suit so they are up lying on the ceiling cat walk while Timmy jumped up to the window hammock to watch,Bella followed and is lying on the hammock next to him..... Max out on the patio sound asleep in one of the cozy beds

Here comes Max- he's on the cat wall too- time for everyone to get well deserved treats,and to the kitchen we ALL go

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily nail trimming days was recently so it wasn't so made having her doing that to my leg.
That's a relief!

Phoebe managed to pull threads in a nice soft pair of jeans barely days after I bought them. At least they were from the op shop, so not expensive, but damn, threads right there on the thigh!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully not what I thought they were doing. Not too long ago, I thought I heard the beginning of a fight. I was half asleep and swore I heard some running and hissing. I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room. Gracie was laying on the back of the couch and Boone was no where to be seen. Guess I was wrong. I decided since I was up, I might as well feed them.

As I was writing this post, Boone came in to use the litter box and farted very loudly. 🤣 I have never heard a cat fart before and I've had a lot of cats in my life.