What's For Dinner? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The temperature dipped into the 30's tonight and we had snow flurries so I decided to make a big pot of chili. It was the perfect dinner for us. We shared a dark chocolate coffee buzz bar from TJ's for dessert. 🍫

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made teriyaki chicken tenders for DH with spicy black beans and brown rice. I had lentil vegetable soup with an apple streusel muffin.
I thought of you today trying to figure out what to have for my lunch!I had leftover lentils and rice,added carrots,onion,celery and a shredded cabbage leaf with chicken broth and made a lovely soup.Good grief it was yummy,and I have leftovers!Thank you for the idea!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday on my way home from PT I stopped at Costco. Along with other things I bought one of their rotisserie chickens. For dinner last night we had white meat chicken, mushroom and onion risotto, and asparagus.

As an aside - have you ever noticed just how quickly your urine develops that special "I've eaten asparagus" aroma?

Back to dinner menu.

When I suggested chicken for tonight's meal Himself said no, we had it last night. I told him I was thinking of chicken and corn chowder with bacon. And that changed his mind.

I did use canned corn but also had defrosted corn cob stock and corn soup base. Cut up some chicken. Sliced up Nero de toscana kale, not only for taste but to add color. Microwaved bacon, nice and crispy. Good dinner.

There's still chicken. Tomorrow I'll take the rest of the meat off the bones and make stock from the carcass. More meals on the way.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been here in a few days, so have a lot of catching up to do!

Thursday was Taco Night here.
Rick ordered hoagies on Friday.
On Saturday, we did brats with a doctored can of baked beans.

And today will be a pork roast done in the 14-in-1 NF. Pressure-cooked first, followed by air-crisping. Mashed potatoes with a bit of gravy, Dutch beets for me, and green beans for Dear Richard.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skewered shrimp and fresh pineapple, dribbled on some Ken's country French salad dressing, done under broiler in the oven. Reheated some mushroom and onion risotto. Green Giant Simply Steam honey glazed carrots. Green Giant Simply Steam green peas and butter sauce.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only vegetarian dish at the Hawaiian Grill was this Garlic Fried Tofu. What do you guys think from the pic? Would you have ordered it? I didn't, because it looks like it has no sauce. I walked out & went to the bagelry instead. I could go back if you guys think it's worth trying.
o_img_0169[1.jpg